Lend a helping hand with the Turtle Rescue Tour in Manuel Antonio
Planning a Costa Rica vacation to Manuel Antonio in the next three months and want to lend a helping hand? During these months hundreds of fledgling turtles hatch and begin their journey to the deep blue. This is a fantastic example of how you can actively participate in Costa Rica’s sustainable tourism initiatives, working alongside dedicated Costa Rican conservationists.
This exciting nighttime tour will give you the opportunity to guide hundreds of these tiny turtles into the Pacific Ocean from the nearby beach of Playa Hermosa, what better way to spend your Costa Rica vacation?
The Turtle Rescue Tour
· The turtle tour includes a bilingual nature guide who will show you how to safely help the turtles get into the sea.
· A “hands on” tour where you will get up close to these tiny Olive Ridley sea turtles.
· The tour is open from August 1st to November 30th.
· Make sure you wear long pants, comfortable shoes and a long sleeved shirt.
· You are not permitted to take photos during the tour.
· A unique tour that allows you to contribute to the preservation of these endangered species and also learn about Costa Rica’s fascinating wildlife and biodiversity.
· In 2010 a total of 103,000 turtle eggs were saved and 70,000 baby turtles where helped into the ocean.
Other Adventure and Nature Activities in Manuel Antonio
The turtle rescue tour is just an example of the many fantastic eco adventure activities you can enjoy in Manuel Antonio. Sign up for water rappelling, white water rafting, canopy tours, mountain safaris, sailing tours, scuba diving, ATV and horseback riding tours. For more information please contact Escape Villas on firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free at 1-888-771-2976.