Playa Tamarindo Costa Rica is a well-developed beach town with all the modern conveniences of the city. Tamarindo is no longer the sleepy beach town that it once was. Running parallel to the beach, Tamarindo has plenty of restaurants with beachfront locations, perfect for watching Costa Rica’s beautiful sunset over cocktails with loved ones.
If you are looking for somewhere to eat, then you really are spoilt for choice. You will notice Pizza Hut and Subway as you drive into town but why not sample some of the other culinary delights available in Costa Rica? Try lobster or Italian, Chinese, Costa Rican or Argentinean cuisine at the many restaurants that are dotted around various hotels and vacation rentals in Playa Tamarindo.
Though not without western influences, Playa Tamarindo is popular with both national and international visitors primarily because of its great surf and vivacious nightlife. Of course, there are more private and secluded restaurants nestled along the coast if you prefer to stay away from the crowds that can flood bars and restaurants during the high season. Tamarindo town facilities include:
- Excellent choice of accommodations from luxury villas to budget hotels
- 40+ world class restaurants and bars serving local and international cuisine
- Central meeting point for surfing tours, wildlife tours, sport fishing tours, canopy tours and many other adventure travel and eco tours
- Fast food chains including Pizza Hut, Subway and Burger King
- Large selection of Costa Rica souvenir shops
- Modern art galleries exhibiting local Costa Rican artists
- Boutique clothing shops
- Banks and ATMS including Scotia Bank, Banco de Costa Rica, Banco Nacional and HSBC
- Internet Cafes
- Car Rentals
- Health spas and yoga classes
- Spanish Language schools